Responsible Business – Let’s take responsibility
Responsible Business hotel in Liège
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important component of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group's broader commitment to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, cultural heritage, employee and children's rights, health and safety, as well as environmental improvements.
This hotel is engaged with local charities and with the international charity organisation supported by the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the foundation is to defend the rights of children and promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children all over the world.
The Park Inn by Radisson Liège Airport is the only hotel in Liège that is Green Key certified.
Responsible Business activities of this hotel:
- All employees are trained to keep the principles of Responsible Business in mind and take an active role in attending to the well-being of guests and fellow employees, caring for the environment and engaging with the community.
- Guests can help us in our commitment by participating in the clean towels programme and using the paper recycling bins in the public areas around the hotel.
- All of our coffee has a Fair Trade certification, and we only work with suppliers who use ethical trade practices.
- The hotel organises events within the community, such as a trip for disabled children to tour a Boeing 747 cockpit.
- The hotel has collaborated with its suppliers so that all the money made from water sold at the hotel goes to the World Childhood Foundation.
- The hotel recently reduced its lightbulb energy use by 50% by switching to motion-sensor lights in corridors and lifts.
- Each room also has energy-saving lights that switch off when the room is empty.
- Showerheads and bathroom taps are water efficient.
- The hotel works with local authorities to reduce the hotel’s waste and participate in sustainable recycling programs.
- Every bathroom has a sticker in it to educate guests about the hotel’s efforts for water conservation.
Please contact the hotel for more information or suggestions for improvement. The hotel RB team will be happy to assist you.